Sports massage therapy in Milton Keynes
Sports Massage can boost your performance and quality of life in areas ranging from easing tension in your shoulders, resulting from long office hours, to restoring maximum performance in an over-trained muscle group.
Anyone who routinely stretches their physical limits through running, cycling, walking, swimming, dancing, racquet sports, strength training and aerobics is prone to a constant build-up of tension in the muscles leading to stresses on muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Muscle imbalances may develop and often go undiagnosed until they are serious enough to cause discomfort, impede performance or cause injury.
Deep tissue Sports massage is beneficial for:
- Accelerating recovery from training.
- Restoring muscle balance.
- To encourage muscles to take up oxygen and nutrients which promote faster healing.
- To help break down scar tissue, adhesions and trigger points.
- Rehabilitation following injury.
- Post-event relaxation.
- To release tension, stress and stimulate a sense of well-being.
- To reduce pain and increase flexibility.
When applied skillfully it's the most effective therapy for releasing muscle tension and restoring balance to the musculoskeletal system.
The treatment usually focuses on specific problems, such as:
- Chronic pain
- Limited mobility
- Soft tissue injury
- Trigger points
- Arthritic conditions
- Repetitive strain injury, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Postural problems
- Fibromyalgia / M.E.
- Injury prevention
- Muscle tension or stress
A regular Sports Massage will help to prevent injuries which might otherwise be caused by a build-up of tension. please call and discuss your requirements with one of the Body Performance Team.